29 April 2014

CCJ Radio On 93.7 The Scratch (04.27.14 & 05.04.14)


One of the things I always wanted to do when I was a kid was to be a radio station guy. Not always a deejay, but someone who got to curate an awesome playlist for the people to dig into. 

I was happy when, recently, my church (where I'm the Music and Communications Minister), was asked to be a part of Jasper High School's student-run radio station, The Scratch.

We were given a two-hour block on Sunday mornings (10 a.m. to noon). The first hour (10 to 11 a.m. Eastern) is a replay of the previous week's worship service (basically, music and the sermon). The second hour (11 a.m. to Noon) is music we select.

Since this job fell to me, at least initially, I gathered a large playlist of 500-600 songs from my iTunes library of music made by Christians, music marketed as "Christian," and Scripturally-influenced music or "positive music" (whether or not the artist intended it to be or not). If you can't tell, I'm not a big fan of the labels that get stuck on music, especially since the songs haven't committed their lives to following Jesus. ;)

Below is the first and second week's playlist.



No comments: