10 November 2009

A Time To Uproot

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot ...
— Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

I have been hinting around the blog for awhile now that I had some big decisions to make. While nothing was certain, I knew the day was coming soon that I would have to choose between my two jobs. One job (my full-time gig) was as an editor and designer at The Herald (I often say with all sincerity that it is the best small-town paper in America). My other part-time job was as music worship leader/media guy/web guy/token-believer-in-the-total-depravity-of-man guy at the Christian Church of Jasper. While I loved both, I knew the day was fast approaching in which my loyalties would have to be more clearly defined. That day has come.

I will be leaving The Herald at the end of the year to become the full-time Pastor of Music and Communications at CCJ. I really do feel this is a call from God (though I know some of you will not understand this, the point is, I do). My chief purpose in life is to glorify God through spreading the Gospel (good news) of His awesome love for us through the life, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ (the God-Man). I really think I can do this most effectively if all of my time and energy during my work is focused on this.

I need your prayers as I make the transition to not only a new career, but also a calling.

No comments: