15 August 2009

Five For Friday

1.) "Things Aren't Funny Anymore" by Merle Haggard. From the album "40 #1 Hits." I like The Hag's more ornery songs than the crying in your beer types but it's still good, sad country music.

2.) "Lookin' Through The Windows" by The Jackson 5." From the album "The Ultimate Collection." This sounds like a '70s TV theme song.

3.) "Lady" by Kenny Rogers. From the album "42 Ultimate Hits." Must be hits collection day here. I know this is straight-up cheese but I am digging it. I think Lionel Richie wrote this song (or originally did it).

4.) "Signs" by Creed. From the album "Weathered." I guess this is the point where you make fun of me. DON'T JUDGE ME! Chances are, you have this album too. This song isn't very good, though. So plodding.

5.) "Call My Name (Live)" by Third Day. From the album "Live Revelations." Third Day shines live, I think. They take songs that are average on albums and elevate them live.

No comments: