23 July 2009

POLITICS: Breaking Commandments

There's been buzz every since Obama stated gaining momentum in the presidential race that he wasn't really an American citizen. It has picked up steam lately with the video of a very angry woman at a press conference for a Congressman (look it up, I don't feel like finding it for you). TONS of people ("Birthers") believe that he isn't eligible to be president. If you're one of them, just let me say ...

SERIOUSLY? STOP IT.

If you claim to be a Christian and you insist on spreading what has been proven to be a lie as much as anything can be proven (of course, people see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe), you are breaking one of the commandments by bearing false witness against your neighbor.

Look, I'll be honest with you, I didn't vote for Obama and I don't agree with many to most of his policies (I am a generally conservative guy with many libertarian leanings). But just because my vote went for the person who lost doesn't mean I have the right to make stuff up and spread it around as if it were true. Don't be a sore loser. Don't spread nonsense and lies. We learned this in kindergarten and in Sunday School growing up.

Seriously, knock it off.

No comments: