20 June 2009

Five For Friday


In case you don't know, it works like this:
(Idea stolen from Ick Music)
I hit the shuffle button on my iTunes and share my five with a bit of insight for each track.
Then it’s your turn! Just share the first five random track of your shuffle in the comments and see what your fellow readers are listening to as well.


1.) "It's Only Love" by Bryan Adams (with Tina Turner). From the album "So Far, So Good." Meh. My wife loves Bryan Adams but I don't think this one is one of her favorites. Classic 80s production. Very shiny and slick. The lead guitar is really all over the place in this song.

2.) "The Shifting, Whispering Sands, Part 1" by Johnny Cash. From the album "Johnny Cash Sings The Ballads Of The True West." Cash was one of the few country artists to do concept albums back in the day. This one is him basically talking through a story while a quiet country shuffle lays down the background. Very Sons of the Pioneers-like. You never know what's gonna come up on a shuffle.

3.) "Saturn" by Skillet. From the album "Skillet." This is from Skillet's debut album (back before they had any kind of production budget and were just a straight-ahead rock band without any of the techno rock-leanings they would later display). I could take it or leave it.

4.) "Breathe" by Newsboys. From the album "Take Me To Your Leader." Must be the day to get songs from my wife's albums (this one is hers, I'm sure). A "swirling" song is the best way I can describe this.

5.) "In The Likeness Of You" by Petra. From the album "Unseen Power." YES! This album was my first entry into Christian rock back in the day. I was into Guns N' Roses and somebody (naturally) suggested I try Petra ... boy were they wrong. This album still brings back memories though. That being said, this song is (charitably) not very good.

No comments: