06 June 2009

Five for Friday (1991)



1991 was the year between junior high and high school for me. I don't know why I've thought of that today, but I have. So, in honor of that year, all of today's five will be from 1991 (according to my iTunes sorting)

1.) "I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome" by Marty Stuart. From the album "Tempted." I didn't get in to the country thing until probably a year or two later but I always like Marty Stuart.

2.) "Double Talkin' Jive" by Guns N' Roses. From the album "Use Your Illusion I." My mom took this tape away from me, I'm pretty sure. :-)

3.) "Can't Stop This Thing We Started" by Bryan Adams. From the album "Waking Up The Neighbors." Ah, yes. Bryan Adams and 1991 go together like peanut butter and jelly.

4.) "Why Go" by Pearl Jam. From the album "Ten." Beginning of teenage angst, very appropriate. Still a good song/album.

5.) "Diamonds And Pearls" by Prince. From the album "Diamonds And Pearls." KQ-105 in Paris played this one a bunch, I'm pretty sure.

No comments: