24 April 2009

Five For Friday (04.24.2009)

Not much time today so I went to Pandora and chose the five from my "Bombastic Radio" station (I believe I entered Queen and Muse as my artists to base this station on). And, only one album cover this week.

Here's my five:


1. "Listen" by Collective Soul. From the album "Disciplined Breakdown." Still like this band and album (and song) quite a bit.
2. "Be Like That" by 3 Doors Down. From the album "The Better Life." Blah, blah, blah.
3. "Learn To Fly" by Foo Fighters. From the album "There Is Nothing Left To Lose." This is what the Foos (Dave Grohl, more specifically) do best. Great melody with right amount of crunch.
4. "The Zephyr Song" by Red Hot Chili Peppers. From the album "By The Way." The Peppers have had a knack of writing very good songs the last few albums but it's kinda the same curse that plagues Collective Soul. Very melodic and just plain good songs, but nothing GREAT.
5. "Fields of Despair" by Dragonforce. From the album "Sonic Firestorm." What can I say about this Dragonforce song except that it's a fast song. Really, really, REALLY fast.

No comments: