21 March 2009

Five For Friday (03.20.2009)

A day late and a dollar short, I know. got a busy day and not much time to play around with the album covers and links and whatnot. So, here's your Five for Friday on Saturday morning.

1.) "Snowblind" by Black Sabbath. From the album "Past Lives." Not a big Sabbath fan. I think a coworker let me borrow this once. Sabbath with Ozzy has the same problem as most Ozzy releases ... Ozzy's voice. The music's pretty good, then he starts singing.

2.) "You're Gonna Change" by Emmylou Harris. From the album "Roses in the Snow (Expanded Edition)." I love Emmylou Harris' voice but this cover of a hank Williams song doesn't showcase it like some others. Not bad though.

3.) "Live to Love Another Day" by Keith Urban. From the album "Be Here." Urban has a knack for good melodies. This one is not all that memorable but it has a nice catchy guitar lick.

4.) "The Memory Remains" by Metallica. From the album "S&M." I've always thought the Metallica/symphony mash-up was spotty. Some songs, the orchestra really brought out the dynamics of the Metallica songs and others, well, it just didn't fit ("Battery"). I don't think this one works all that well except during the 'na-na-na-na' parts.

5.) "What If I Stumble" by dc talk. From the album "Jesus Freak." I still love this album. Great reflective song, plus it has a mandolin solo, which is nice.

No comments: