15 June 2006

Books, Music Check-Up

What are you reading?

What are you listening to?


Me, I just finished Mark Driscoll's book Confessions of a Reformission Rev. Great stuff on the trials of church planting, particularly in a heavily unchurched area. This book is probably geared more for preachers but it is also good for leaders (of which I am one at my church).

I am now reading Johnny Cash's autobiography, simply called Cash. It's pretty good so far and not at all like most other autobiographies. It's a very conversational style. It's pretty cool to feel like Cash is talking to you and just telling you the story of his life in a non-linear fashion.

I'm listening to a lot of podcasts these days, including ESPN's Pardon the Interruption. I miss not having ESPN just for this show. Thankfully, the wonderful people at iTunes have brought it to me in a podcast every day.

I'm also digging the Red Hot Chili Peppers new album Stadium Arcadium. The Chili Peppers' last album, By The Way and this one (a double-disc album), are much better than any previous work they've done. Their guitarist, John Frusciante is the perfect fit for this band and, since his return from being a junkie, has been on fire in his songwriting. Extremely melodic and tasty.
I have also been listening to:
Pearl Jam's latest
David Crowder Band's A Collision
And when I feel like rockin' out, Godsmack's IV

Among other things.

No comments: