03 November 2005

These Are The Facts Of Life (At 28)

-- At some point in your life, you'll miss your old acquaintances from high school. Then realize that missing them is stupid because they aren't the same people and, hopefully, neither are you.

-- You should cringe at how you acted at 16 to 19.

-- Cynicism is sometimes fun (and funny) but ultimately, it's pointless and just makes you look bitter. Been there.

-- If you've got God and the things of God figured out, you're a liar.

-- Grace is indescribable.

-- It's tough to intellectualize something that's beyond comprehension.

-- I'm full of it sometimes.

-- Like now.

-- Travstar is not for the weak of heart, but he is pretty dad-gum funny (especially if you know him).

-- I'm short of what I should be as a father and husband.

-- The wine Jesus drank was alcoholic wine. It wasn't just grape juice.

-- The Smurfs weren't of Satan even though the cat had a demonic name.

-- Halloween is OK to celebrate. It's free candy, for crying out loud!

-- The sound of a Gibson Les Paul (or even an Epiphone) through a Marshall tube amp is hard to beat.

-- The hysterectomy episode of "Home Improvement" is a real bummer.

-- "Joey" isn't funny. I've tried. My loyalty has run out.

-- There are a trillion rock bands out there. If you're trying to "make it," you're probably not going to.

-- I always wanted to be a rock star. My life is better because I'm not.

-- The Atlanta Braves will not make the playoffs next year. Mazzone is gone from the coaching staff. The run is over.

-- People's hatred of people in the media is mostly justified.

-- There is no real media "conspiracy."

-- U2's "Pop" album is underrated.

-- U2's "All That You Can't Leave Behind," while VERY good, is overrated.

-- Bono is full of bluster sometimes but I respect him more than just about any celebrity (Christian "celebrities" included) I've seen.

-- The purple-haired lady on TBN (Jan Crouch) "prophesied" tonight that some lady was going to get a million dollars.

-- Jan Crouch is full of crap. And her hair is a mess.

-- Maybe that lady will get a million dollars, I just don't think it will have anything to do with Jan Crouch.

-- I break the first Commandment way too much. Mostly it's money.

-- Raising kids is a lot harder than it seemed before we had kids.

-- Raising two kids is a lot harder than raising one. But it's worth it.

-- If anyone else counters my kid stories with stories about their freakin' dogs or cats, I may curse at them.

-- Or do nothing and just grin and bear it because I'm polite like that.

-- Most God-blogs are unreadable.

-- Well, so is this one, I suppose.

-- I'm broken.

-- So are you.

-- I get defensive too fast.

-- It's OK to like music that's uncool. I don't have to like Radiohead or Wilco.

-- It's OK to like Radiohead or Wilco if you really like them and not just because you're supposed to.

-- I'm a hypocrite.

-- God loves me anyway.

-- Jesus Loves You (Of Course, He Loves Everybody) - stolen from a Lark News t-shirt.

-- Credit cards are bad news.

-- This list is too long.

-- Very few people will respond to this in any way.

-- I am fortunate to have friends (old and new.)

No comments: