28 October 2004

The Intro Song

ESPN's Page 3 has compiled a list ofintro songs for batters in Major League Baseball.

I'm pretty sure The Thinklings have had a similar post in the past but I'm too lazy to go look it up. It was a long time ago.

I used to work as the official scorekeeper for The Dubois County Dragons, a minor league baseball team in the independent Frontier League (they left town a few years back). I always got a kick out of the players choices for intro songs as they were coming to bat. I heard a lot of Korn's blind and a lot of AC/DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. My favorite was a really big guy who could hit home runs (and strike out a lot) who chose Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire (the one with the cool mariachi horns) as his intro song.

So, what would your theme/intro song be if you had to choose one. It'd be cool if I could get mine played everyday as I made my way to the top of the stairs at the office. ;-)

BTW, I have a few that I'd pick for mine:
Metallica's Fuel or Holier Than Thou
The beginning of Switchfoot's Meant to Live
P.O.D.'s Alive or Find My Way
Jimi Hendrix's Spanish Castle Magic or Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

Just to name a few.

No comments: