23 August 2004

Weekend Thoughts

Well, we made it back from the west side of Nashville a little more tired than when we left.
My sister, Amy Ross (now Amy Morgan - that'll take getting used to), got married Friday evening at the Wightman Chapel on the Scarritt-Bennet campus (it's an old Methodist seminary). I will say this for my sister, she knows how to do atmosphere properly. The bagpipes were awesome, the string players and other musicians were too. I accused her of emotionally manipulating all of us with the music. If you didn't get chills from it, you might have been dead at that moment.
A beautiful wedding overall.

For the downside. Taking a 16-month-old out of her routine for a few days is NO FUN for anyone!

It was good to see my family all in one place again. We live too far apart and probably will for the rest of my life. It was also good to see my good friend Jeremy again, even if only for a few minutes.

"Watermelon" works great when you're mouthing the words to a song you don't know.

The tuxes were nice. Probably the best I'll look all year.

Wedding pictures are a pain in the rump, IMO.

Nashville's West End is a cool place. Too bad I didn't have time to go anywhere except the Pancake Pantry (awesome grub to be had there).

How was your weekend? What did you do?

No comments: